Microfluidic to manage reliable molecular interactions
Low density microarrays for diagnosis require automatized and reproductible protocol interactions that ensure homogeneous repartition of the solutions over the spots of the microarray and that can be removed easily for allowing optical reading. We have developed a generic and removable microfluidic interface using magnetic field to ensure a uniform and sealed contact between the microfluidic cartridge and the microarray. This microfluidic platform was validated for automated immunodiagnosis on microarray. In addition, this approach allows a reduction of volumes provided by miniaturization.
View of the microfluidic interface reversibly sealed to a microarray.
This approach is versatile, easy to produce and provides an effective and automated platform for multiplexed immunodiagnosis.
- Label-free biodetection
- Low-cost fabrication
- A. Ali-Cherif, S. Begolo, S. Descroix, J.-L. Viovy, L. Malaquin, Programmable magnetic tweezers and droplet microfluidic device for high-throughput nanoliter multi-step assays, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51, 10765
- Saliba, A.E. ; Saias, L.; Psicharia, E.; Minc, N.; Simon, D.; Mathiot, C.; Bidard, F.C.; Pierga, J.Y.; Fraisier, V.; Salamero, J.; Saada, V.; Farace, F.; Vielh, P.; Malaquin, L.; Viovy, J.L. Microfluidic Sorting and High Content Multimodal Typing of Cancer Cells in Self-Assembled Magnetic Arrays, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2010, 107(33), 14524-9
- M.L.Y. Diakité, J. Champ, S. Descroix, L. Malaquin, F. Amblard, J.-L. Viovy, A low-cost, label-free DNA detection method in lab-on-chip format based on electrohydrodynamic instabilities, with application to long-range PCR, Lab on Chip, 2012, 12, 4738
- S. Miserere, G.Mottet, V.Taniga, S.Descroix, J.-L.Viovy, L.Malaquin, Fabrication of thermoplastics chips through lamination based techniques, Lab on Chip 2012, 12, 1849
- Begolo, S.; Colas, G.; Viovy J.L.; Malaquin, L., New Family of Fluorinated Polymer Chips for Droplet and Organic Solvent Microfluidics, Lab on Chip 2011, 11, 508
- J. Autebert, B.Coudert, F.-C. Bidard, J.-Y.Pierga, S. Descroix, L.Malaquin, J.-L.Viovy, Microfluidic: an innovative tool for efficient cell sorting, Methods 2012, 57,297
- Saias, L; Autebert, J; Malaquin, L; Viovy J.-L., Design, modeling and characterization of microfluidic architectures for high flow rate, small footprint microfluidic systems, Lab on Chip 2011, 11, 82
Magnetic clamped microfluidic device for automated immunodiagnosis on microarrays, E. Crestel, J. Foncy, JP. Borges, A. Estève, JC Cau, C. Vieu, L. Malaquin, E. Trévisiol. Micro and Nano Engineering 2015.